Below are some of the main reasons to perform Cross Browser Testing
- Font size mismatch in different browsers.
- Some browser still not supporting HTML5.
- Page alignment and div size issue.
- Image orientation.
- Compatibility issues with OS.
To execute the Test-cases with different browsers in the same machine at the same time we can integrate frameworks like Junit,TestNG with Selenium Web-driver.
QTP was developed by ‘Mercury Interactive’ and later acquired by ‘HP’.
Since Selenium is a well known Antidote for Mercury poisoning, this new Testing tool got his name to be ‘Selenium’
Because of same origin policy the ‘xyz.js’ file can access pages only from Google site. i.e Same domain and not from the other domain site like Yahoo,ebay,etc.
getwindowhandle() : It is used to get the address of the current browser tab. It’s return type is string.
Double Slash ‘//’: It is used to create Xpath with Relative path.
2. They are actually used to provide content of web-pages to other programs.
3. Headless Browser can used for below mentioned reasons,
- How wide the page would appear for a user.
- What color of the Text would be?
- The font family used.
- What the x/y coordinates of an object is and many more.
Basically it understands web-pages like a browser.
3. ‘Phantomjs‘ is one of the example of the Headless Browser.